SATURDAY NIGHT'S RACE AT CARAWAY
POSTPONED DUE TO RAIN
The Whelen Southern Modified Tour 150 scheduled
for Saturday night at Caraway Speedway has been postponed until next
Saturday night, April 21 due to heavy rain showers that hit the area
just prior to the start of the race.
The drivers were in their cars and ready to go racing until
Mother Nature intervened and dampened the .455-mile short track.
The NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour competitors
completed a late afternoon practice session as well as qualifying on
Saturday. Just like has been the case in the first three races of
the 2007 season, it was, Burt Meyers, the Walnut Cove, N.C. driver once again
winning the Bud Pole Award thanks to his lap at 103.201 mph to best
his brother, Jason, who qualified second with a lap at 102.651 mph.
L.W. Miller qualified third, Brian King fourth, Michael Clifton
fifth and George Brunnhoelzl sixth.
The top six qualifiers were shuffled up following the
draw-redraw. That put Clifton on the inside of the front row with
Jason Myers second. The second row is L.W. Miller and Brian King.
The third row consists of Clifton and Brunnhoelzl.
Whelen Southern Modified Tour 150
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour
Caraway Speedway April 14, 2007
1. (4) Jason Myers, Walnut Cove N.C., Chevrolet, 102.651
2. (50) Michael Clifton, Walkertown N.C., Chevrolet, 100.874
3. (17) Brian King, Burlington N.C., Chevrolet, 100.906
4. (83) Tim Brown, Cana Va., Chevrolet, 101.916
5. (36) L.W. Miller, Mooresville N.C., Pontiac, 101.897
6. (1) Burt Myers, Walnut-Cove N.C., Chevrolet, 103.201
7. (2) George Brunnhoelzl, Babylon N.Y., Dodge, 100.843
8. (14) Bobby Hutchens, Lexington N.C., Chevrolet, 100.596
9. (81) Brian Pack, Walkertown N.C., Chevrolet, 100.509
10. (57) Jay Foley, Stuart Va., Chevrolet, 100.485
11. (69) Junior Miller, Pine Hall N.C., Dodge, 100.318
12. (07) Frank Fleming, Mount Airy N.C., Pontiac, 100.318
13. (13) Chris Fleming, Mount Airy N.C., Chevrolet, 99.411
14. (26) Wesley Swartout, Stroudsburg Penn., Ford, 99.249
15. (7) Thomas Stinson, Chester Va., Chevrolet, 98.580
16. (31) Gene Pack, Myrtle Beach S.C., Chevrolet, 97.803
17. (98) Rich Kuiken, Jr., Staffordville N.J., Chevrolet, 97.791
18. (76) Jason Trinchere, Sherrills Ford N.C., Chevrolet, 97.599
19. (70) Andrew Seuss, Hamstead N.H., Chevrolet, No speed
* Denotes Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
Source Jason Mitchell/NASCAR
April 14, 2007