WILD FINISH IN
a wild last lap finish, Les Hinckley, Windsor Locks, CT, unofficially won
the 100 lap Modified Racing Series feature at the Airborne Speedway,
Plattsburgh, NY, Saturday night May 29, 2010. Hinckley, from his pole
starting position led the first 74 laps, setting a torrid pace holding off
the constant threats of Todd Annarummo, Swansea, MA and defending series
champion, Jon McKennedy, Chelmsford, MA. Unofficially the win by Hinckley is
his 12th MRS victory.
Rowan Pennink, Huntingdon Valley, PA, who started 15th in the 25-car field,
passed Hinckley on lap 75 and held the top spot, resulting in Hinckley
chasing the new leader. Hinckley and Dwight Jarvis, Ascutney, VT pursued
Pennink until lap 99, when Hinckley and Pennink made contact racing to the
checkered flag resulting in a violent crash at the start-finish line. Both
cars came to a halt against the first turn safety barrier, neither driver
was injured. Jarvis settled for third followed by Carl Pasteryak, Libson CT,
and Kenny Barry, Preston, CT.
The race in front of a near capacity crowd saw the top 11 drivers finish on
the lead lap.
The event is unofficial pending technical inspection.
Next stop for the Modified Racing Series is Thunder Road International
Speedbowl- Barre, VT.
Post time is 1:30 PM.
Date: May 29, 2010
Event: Airborne Speedway
Distance: 100 Laps
Time of Race: 48:12.08
Margin of Victory: 0.033
Best Lap Time: 15.856-Rowan Pennink
Lap Leaders: (1-74) Hinckley (75-99) Pennink (100) Hinckley
Cautions: Laps (27, 30, 35, 75, 77)
Order of Finish:
1. 06 Les Hinckley- Windsor Locks, CT
2. 25 Rowan Pennink- Huntingdon Valley, PA
3. 28 Dwight Jarvis- Ascutney, VT
4. 75 Carl Pasteryak- Lisbon, CT
5. 2 Kenny Barry- Preston, CT
6. 12 Todd Annarummo- Swansea, MA
7. 72 Jimmy Kuhn- East Bridgewater, MA
8. 58 Eric Goodale- Wading River, NY
9. 53 Norman Wrenn- Nashua, NH
10. 18 Eddy Spiers- Beacon Falls, CT
11. 21 Geoff Gernhard- Salem, CT
12. 79 Max Zachem- Preston, CT
13. 15 Bobby Drown- Mildale, CT
14. 59 David Cramner- North Hanover, NJ
15. 05 Jacob Dore- Sanford, Me
16. 55 Joe Doucette- Frammingham, MA
17. 77 Kenny White Jr.- Weare, NH
18. 0 John Cleary- Madison, CT
19. 13 Stephen Masse- Bellingham, MA
20. 76 Shelly Perry- Westery, RI
21. 69 Jim Dolan- Bethel, CT
22. 73 Jon McKennedy- Chelmsford, MA
23. 9nh Joey Jarvis- Ascutney, VT
24. 17 Sean Bodreau- Claremont, NH
25. 1nh Rob Goodenough- Swanzey, NH
Source: John H. Spence Sr.
/ Modified Racing Series