MYERS TURNS MISFORTUNE INTO VICTORY
Holds Off Ebersole To Become First Repeat Winner At Langley
After a John Smith spin in Turn 2 on Lap 45, Burt
Myers was forced to the pits to change a cut right
rear tire. He thought the early setback ended any
chance for a decent finish.
Myers piloted his No. 1 Remington SCT/Citrusafe/Speedway
Auto Auction Ford into first place on Lap 88 of the
Pepsi 150 at Langley Speedway and never relinquished
the lead, capturing his second consecutive win at
the southern Virginia oval and
first victory of the 2015 season. The win gives
Myers, the 2010 Whelen Southern Modified Tour
champion, a total of 16 career wins on the Tour.
Kyle Ebersole, driving the No. 5 Ebersole Excavating
Ford, elected to stay on track as the leaders pitted
during cautions at various points during the race,
waiting until Lap 140 to get his new tire. He
returned to the track in fifth position with seven
laps remaining in the race, then worked his way to
second with two to go, but was unable to catch Myers
and finished in the runner up spot.
George Brunnhoelzl III started from the pole and led
the first third of the race, until pitting after the
third caution. He ran in the top five throughout the
race but had to settle for a third place finish.
Defending Southern Modified Tour champion Andy Seuss
finished fourth, and Frank Fleming kept his streak
of top-10 finishes at Langley Speedway intact with a
fifth place result.
Jason Myers, J.R. Bertuccio, Jeremy Gerstner, Gary
Putnam, and Bobby Measmer Jr. rounded out the top
Burt Myers, Brunnhoelzl, and Ebersole were the only
three lap leaders for the race, and a total of four
caution flags were displayed.
Unofficially, the new season championship points
leader is Burt Myers, followed by JR Bertuccio and
The NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour begins its
spring break and will return to action on July 4 at
NASCAR Whelen Southern
Modified Tour - Pepsi 150 Results
Saturday At Langley Speedway, Hampton, Va.
Lap length: 0.396 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (3) Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150 laps, 68.715
2. (4) Kyle Ebersole, Hummelstown, Pa., Ford, 150.
3. (1) George Brunnhoelzl, III, West Babylon, N.Y.,
4. (2) Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Chevrolet, 150.
5. (13) Frank Fleming, Mt. Airy, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
6. (5) Jason Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
7. (8) JR Bertuccio, Centereach, N.Y., Chevrolet, 149.
8. (12) Jeremy Gerstner, Wesley Chapel, FL, Chevrolet, 149.
9. (9) Gary Putnam, Vernon, Conn., Chevrolet, 149.
10. (6) Bobby Measmer, Jr., Concord, N.C., Chevrolet, 149.
11. (14) David Calabrese, Toms River, N.J., Chevrolet, 148.
12. (11) John Smith, Mount Airy, NC, Chevrolet, 148.
13. (15) Trey Hutchens, III, Winston-Salem, N.C., Chevrolet, 148.
14. (10) Spencer Davis, Dawsonville, Ga., Pontiac, 146.
15. (7) Tom Abele, Jr., Norwich, Conn., Chevrolet, 32, accident.
Time of Race: 0 hours 51 minutes 52 seconds
Margin of Victory: 0.154 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: G. Brunnhoelzl III (95.479 mph, 14.931 seconds)
Caution Flags: 4 for 24 laps.
Lead Changes: 3 among 4 drivers.
Lap Leaders: G. Brunnhoelzl III 1-66; A. Seuss 67; K. Ebersole 68-87;
B. Myers 88-150.
Standings: 1. B. Myers, 165; 2. J. Bertuccio, 156; 3. J. Myers, 153;
4. K. Ebersole, 149;5. F. Fleming, 144; 6. G. Putnam, 142; 7. A. Seuss, 141;
8. D. Calabrese, 138; 9. J. Smith, 134; 10. B. Measmer Jr., 134.
Tim Southers /
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour
April 11, 2015